[TowerTalk] Also VERY UPSET

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 17:17:32 GMT

>>My CREATE RC5B3  rotor took a lightining hit and I tried to contact the
>distributor (only one was appointed) ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTORS (EDCO) VA.
>whose phone message was to send a fax.   6 weeks later no reply
>I contacted the manufacturer in Japan who after 4 email exchanges agreed to
>SELL me a new rotor,  NOT REPAIR AND RETURN MINE,  for $1000+ CASH ONLY by
>bank transfer.  They would repair mine, charge me for the repair and the
>freight.  NO CONCESSIONS.

I don't see a reason for a complaint here. A lightning hit is an act of god
and not covered under any warranty. What did you expect them to do replace
it for free!!! What concessions should they make their unit didn't fail
unless you expect it to work after a lightning strike.
I can see your gripe with the US distributors and I understand that the
fright from Japan to the US is higher but if it was a rotor made in the US
the result would be the same they would repair yours and charge you for the
repairs and the freight the only difference here is the freight charges.
The only thing I can see that you can complain about is the US distributors
not with Create rotors
73
Rick
KC5AJX