[TowerTalk] New Universal Aluminimum Tower Damaged During Shipping

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 00:38:08 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/00 9:26:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kg0us@swbell.net
writes:

> Do you think I am basically out of luck or can I file a damage claim to
>  replace the top section of the tower since the damage was concealed?

    You've got some length of time (2 weeks, 30, something) to file your
damage claim. Call the terminal where you picked it up to get the real
skinny. You're not SOL yet.

     You need to figure out how you want to be compensated (repair,
replacement, etc.) and figure out an amount.

    You might have your welder take a look at the damage; he can probably
come up with a way to fix everything for a reasonable price. Since you don't
have a damaged leg, fixing the braces should be pretty straightforward.

Cheers,   Steve      K7LXC
Tower Tech