[TowerTalk] Weather Balloon Source

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:19:29 EDT

In a message dated 08/16/2000 7:36:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, k6ll@juno.com
writes:

> > Anyone know of a source to procure new OR used (preferably used)
>  > helium
>  > weather balloons?
>
>  My local party supply store carries 5 foot diameter latex balloons.
>  They are only about $2 flat or $7 round (their terminology for
>  empty or filled). They come with a nice little plastic clip, which
>  makes the balloon reusable.

    How much lift does one of those have? Enough for a 160M wire?

    The party place also has helium in *non-reusable* (stupid idea IMO)
containers for about thirty bucks.

    Ronnie Radio, WA7UQV, used to advertise balloons for sale but died a
couple of years ago. His spirit is missed!

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC