[TowerTalk] question about shunt feeds

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:36:32 -0400

> Will adding an extension of aluminum tube ABOVE the "loading" tribander on
> a shunt fed tower increase its total length, or will it be a marginal
> difference? I'd like to try this, but thought I'd ask here first to
> prevent wasting time- Thnkas in advance, Henry, N4VHK

It will be a very marginal difference Henry. I doubt you'd notice the
additional mast unless it is a few times the length of the longest
element on the tribander.

Think of it as a ratio of capacitance problem. The mast would have
to have a large percentage of the capacitance represent by all
those elements and boom of the tribander to make a difference.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com