[TowerTalk] Yaseu G-1000

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:05:42 EDT

In a message dated 08/17/2000 11:17:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

> Another variation on the theme.  I just got a new G-800SA, and Yaesu
>  included a separate sheet stressing the importance of tightening the clamps
>  in the proper order, so as to avoid putting too much bending stress on
>  them.  Apparently, they feel that the problems reported with mast clamps
>  breaking are the result of improper procedures for the cast aluminum clamps
>  they use.

    Humbug. IMO it's due to crummy design where it doesn't take much to break
off one of the ears of the mast clamp casting. Just about anyone who has ever
installed a Yaesu has broken at least one of them.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech