[TowerTalk] Ground Rods into Concrete Stubs

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:24:29 -0700

I have to take exception to the comment below about not allowing any metel inside
the concrete base of a tower to extend outside the concrete.  In the case of a
Rohn-type tubular leg tower where the base is a short section set in concrete, you
had better let the legs extend below the concrete in the base in order to allow the
water that accummulates in the legs to drain.  Otherwise, it will freeze there and
split the leg tubing just like water always does when it freezes in a water pipe.

Stan
w7ni@teleport.com