[TowerTalk] FT1000D Used Value?

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 19:51:25 -0400

> Hi Tom: I have 2 negative comments about the rig. The pitch adjustment for
> CW is done with a set of BCD dip switches under the small top covered
> compartment. Very bad idea. Fortunately the pitch and sidetone do track.

In the Omni6 plus, you have to buy a new crystal filter to change to
a low CW pitch. when you do that, the TX and RX are not on the
same frequency.

In the 751A, you have to get inside the rig and adjust a trimmer and
then change some resistors if you want the sidetone to match!

I guess it's all relative, hi hi.

The only thing I don't like about my 1000(D) is the phase noise. I
did have to modify the noise blanker to reduce intermod (yes, the
intermod was there with the blanker OFF).

Other than that, it's a dandy rig IMO.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com