[TowerTalk] Compromise Vertical antenna ground system?

Jeff jrp@dimensional.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 12:46:11 -0600

Hi Ed,

I have an HF9V, and I've had good results with 1/4" galvanized ground fabric.

The fabric sits on the ground directly under the antenna and is held down with
metal garden stakes.  I go right over it with the lawn mower.

I started out with an 8x8' area and recently expanded it to 18x18'.  Judging
by the narrowing bandwidth on the lower bands, it must be reducing my
ground losses.

Hope this helps.

73,
Jeff, KI0RO