[TowerTalk] hd-73 control box

n4vi@diac.com n4vi@diac.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:31:29 +0000

Hooking up the rotor box before the SSB NAQP I had a
small "strike" from Mr. Murphy.  Two of the wires on the back of
the control box got shorted together.  Fortunately the results
were not totally disasterous.  The rotor still turns (yeah!!),
but the position indicator is off.  The indicator shows the
antenna has turned 360 degrees when it has only turned 180
degrees.

Evidence (smell!) points to damaged control box.

At anyrate, if anyone has a schematic and/or manual for the
Alliance HD-73 control box I'll be glad to pay copying, postage
and a small irritation fee ;-)  so I can figure out what to fix.

If you have suggestions or have suffered a similar problem I
can't wait to here what the solution was.  Probably best to
answer directly to me!

tnx es 73's

de chris,
n4vi