[TowerTalk] Re: Topband: Critters Eating Cables

GALE STEWARD k3nd@yahoo.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 05:47:05 -0700 (PDT)

The moth ball ploy really works!  I managed to get a
family of groundhogs to vacate their "home" under one
of my sheds by throwing a bunch of moth balls under
the building (it's on concrete blocks).  I only used
about half a box.  I have a remote, relay switched
matching network assembly for my lowband vertical
(80/160).  I used to have a problems with ants & small
spiders getting up under the lid and making themselves
at home among the relays.  I put some moth balls in a
small plastic cup and placed it in the inclosure and
haven't had any insect problems since.

73, Stew  K3ND