[TowerTalk] Re: Topband: Critters Eating Cables

Finger, Bob Bob.Finger@DynCorp.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:16:17 -0400

This moth ball approach has worked well on skunks for many years.  I did not
know it also worked on insects and snakes.(but why get rid of snakes, for
they eat the critters that chew on coax!)  Do not forget to replenish the
moth balls on occasion.  Good idea.  de W9GE

-----Original Message-----
From: GALE STEWARD [mailto:k3nd@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 8:47 AM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Topband: Critters Eating Cables

The moth ball ploy really works!  I managed to get a
family of groundhogs to vacate their "home" under one
of my sheds by throwing a bunch of moth balls under
the building (it's on concrete blocks).  I only used
about half a box.  I have a remote, relay switched
matching network assembly for my lowband vertical
(80/160).  I used to have a problems with ants & small
spiders getting up under the lid and making themselves
at home among the relays.  I put some moth balls in a
small plastic cup and placed it in the inclosure and
haven't had any insect problems since.

73, Stew  K3ND