[TowerTalk] resonance/swr/impedance plots

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:56:44 -0600

I think the word RESONANCE is being over-used here.

Antenna resonance occurs when the antenna is 1/2 WL
(or a multiple) and the feed impedance exhibits ONLY
a resistive component (not necessarily 50 ohms).

It is quite feasible to MATCH a non-resonant antenna
to 50 ohms through a tuner.  The system is then
MATCHED but NOT resonant.

de  Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.