[TowerTalk] Sommer antennas

Tom Gerdes Jr. tomnxa@nb.net
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 23:30:09 -0500

I have to echo Ken's statement. Just one thing to add.  I had to rebuild a
Pro67C3 after a nasty macroburst came through and broke the top section of my
freestanding tower. The Mosley swung down and hit the tower bending several
elements on the right side of the beam.  Unlike the horror stories and apparent
lack of support for an unfortunate ham, I had no problem getting the parts
needed nor was there a long wait for them.  Sure there are better antennas out
there now and maybe Mosley has seen better days.  My experience has been
positive with this antenna and if I can hear them, I can work them.  It can't
compare to a monobander or a quad, but I find it to be the best antenna I could
have put up for the small area I have.  (No C31XR or 36XR or 51XR at the
time)    Heavy....yes. Well built....yes. Compromise in performance...yes.  Does
it work well enough to make contacts and have fun in this hobby of mine?.....you
betcha'        You'll  hear me on it anywhere from 10m to 40m.    Sorry though,
only running 100w at the time.

Anyone want to send me a legal limit amp so I can "test" the traps???    hihi

73,
Tom    N3NXA

--snip--