[TowerTalk] Outdoor box idea

Brian Smithson bsmithson@alventive.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 13:01:05 -0500

Hi all!

A while back there was a discussion about outdoor box ideas. I'm
getting ready to move some things out to the base of the tower
so I figured I'd look into options myself.

While wandering around Home Depot I came across the sprinkler
section where I found some very heavy-duty plastic boxes that are
meant to be buried access to sprinkler control valves. It is a
heavy black plastic rectangular box with rounded corners, about
2'x16" on the outside and 1' deep. (They had other sizes too.)
There is a heavy 'door' panel with a bolt to hold it shut. It has
no bottom and 3" holes at each end for the tubing to pass.

I plan to screw it to a piece of plywood and bolt that to a
tower face. I will plug one of the holes and the other will face
down to receive the cables. There should be room inside for the
antenna switch and a few suppressors.

Just getting started with this and out of town this week, but
I'll let you all know how it works out in a few weeks.

-Brian n8wrl