[TowerTalk] Outdoor box idea

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 13:52:07 -0500

At 01:01 PM 12/4/00 -0500, Brian Smithson wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>A while back there was a discussion about outdoor box ideas. I'm
>getting ready to move some things out to the base of the tower
>so I figured I'd look into options myself.
>
>While wandering around Home Depot I came across the sprinkler
>section where I found some very heavy-duty plastic boxes that are
>meant to be buried access to sprinkler control valves. It is a
>heavy black plastic rectangular box with rounded corners, about
>2'x16" on the outside and 1' deep. (They had other sizes too.)
>There is a heavy 'door' panel with a bolt to hold it shut. It has
>no bottom and 3" holes at each end for the tubing to pass.
>
>I plan to screw it to a piece of plywood and bolt that to a
>tower face. I will plug one of the holes and the other will face
>down to receive the cables. There should be room inside for the
>antenna switch and a few suppressors.
>
>Just getting started with this and out of town this week, but
>I'll let you all know how it works out in a few weeks.

Another possibility -- there is a line of grey plastic weatherproof boxes
that come complete with a gasketed cover in various sizes.  I have used one
of these with good success for my 80-meter array's switching system.
Electrical suppliers will have these.

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database