[TowerTalk] Two radio overload?

K0FF K0FF@ARRL.NET
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 08:05:22 -0600

Doug, only a small suggestion but the IC 756 uses the tuner on RX as well as
TX. Probably the Pro does too. Be sure to use the tuner on all the radios
all the time. When on different bands he additional out of band rejection is
considerable.
As far as both on the same being on the same band...well there will no doubt
be blue ball of RF coming down the coax especially if the antennas are
pointed at one another. At one QTH I lived at, I always left an SWR meter in
line, and in the REF position. One day I noticed the needle slamming against
the peg at an audio rate, and the radios were turned off!. Across the street
was another ham who was testing his new 10M kW amp (that I sold him!!)) His
antenna and mine happened to be pointed at one another, and the power level
was enough to give full scale readings on the Lafayette meter!.

GL
Happy Building, Geo>KØFF
http://homepages.dstream.net/K0FF

> Subject: [TowerTalk] Two radio overload?
>

> > A friend of mine and I plan to operate this weekend's 10M test and are
> > thinking of using his IC-756PRO barefoot connected to a 3 element
monobander
> > at 40' pointing mainly toward the Carribean and South America.  My
FT-1000