[TowerTalk] 2 el driven array

alsopb alsopb@gloryroad.net
Sat, 09 Dec 2000 21:41:15 +0000

Somebody posted something about a 2 el "driven array" that is supposed
to beat any other 2 el design.

The only 2 driven element design I can find is the W8JK array.  These
are two halfwave dipoles 0.1 wave apart.  According to the ANTENNA
handbook " this array wil deliver just under 4 db gain if there is no
loss. and just over 3 db gain if ther is 1 ohm loss per element"

Other W8JK-type arrays discussed consider spacings between 1/8 and 1/4
wave. The quoted gain is 5.4dbi.

All of these arrays are bidirectional with a f/b ratio of 0 db.

If this is the array being touted? How is it at all superior to
typical parasitic 2 el arrays designs?  Parasitic arrays about the
same gain and also a decent front/back ratio.

I suspect D2T advertising hype has struck again.

de Brian/K3KO