[TowerTalk] skewed stack patterns

alsopb alsopb@gloryroad.net
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:33:21 +0000

Guys,

Just for curiousity, I thought I'd run calcs in EZNEC for two 3 el
yagi's stacked at 80' and 62' for 10 M.  I was suprised to see how the
peak gain changes with angle.  Calcs are done over ground.

Most importantly, it seems to indicated that it would be useful to
reverse the phase of one antenna at some skewed angles.  Does the
phrase BIPBOP mean anything to some of you?

I really need to do another calc at 30 degrees offset and perhaps at
90 degrees with 180 degrees of phase shift.

ANGLE	PHASE	GAIN
0	O	13.75dbd
45	0	8db
45 	180	12.2
90	0 	8.4
180	0	9.4

These calc's haven't been looked over too carefully and could contain
some errors.  The calculation of rotated coordinates is a fun job.

73 de Brian/K3KO