[TowerTalk] Homebrew towers and liability

Jim McDonald n7us@arrl.net
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 21:13:01 -0700

Nostalgia tidbit:

You may have seen info sheets for the amplifier W0SYK sold back in the late
1960s.  He called it the York 5000C.  As I remember, it had two 4-1000s on a
chromed chassis with a Plexiglas window on the front panel so you enjoy the
white plates.  I think it was in a 6' rack.

Jim N7US

----- Original Message -----
From: "dan hearn" <dhearn@ix.netcom.com>
To: "Greg Gobleman" <k9zm@frontiernet.net>; <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 6:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew towers and liability

I have the 4 page article by W0SYK from 73 magazine about building a
clone of the Big Bertha. It includes a detailed parts list and cost of
materials(1975). It includes photos of the rotating system and bearing
system. I will drive into town and make copies for interested parties.
Send me a s.a.s.e. and a couple of stamps to cover my costs and it is
yours. I would appreciate an e mail if you want one so I can make the
copies ahead of time. 73, Dan, N5AR