[TowerTalk] Crank-UP Tower Cables.

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:25:31 EST

In a message dated 12/16/00 6:33:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wa3gin@erols.com writes:

<<
 For what it's worth I soaked my cable in 10W30 motor oil when I bought
 my crank-up tower 25yrs ago.  The cable has no rust but has gathered
 some grimm from the jet exhaust from a nearby airport.  Otherwise the
 cable appears to be like new. Water continues to bead on the cable when
 it rains...

 Go Figure,
 dave
 WA3GIN

Dave: It's very simple.  You used 10W30 oil.  It's more of an All-weather Guy
Cable Oil.  Based on this I think I'll go even further for the extremes in
SD.  I'm going to use 5-40W Mobile 1 and I don't even have any Air Ports
around.  I might mix it 50/50 with bike chain oil as it has more "Stickem" in
it.  K7GCO