[TowerTalk] Cable Lube

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 14:49:38 EST

In a message dated 12/17/00 11:36:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
davidw@copper.net writes:

> Been around a few tall sticks in my sojourn here, and one of the more
>  intriguing sights I've seen, is a group of people in absorptive body wraps,
>  loaded with some sort of grease, grabbing hold of a mechanical braking
>  contraption they called 'Jacob's Shingle', and riding down the guys,
>  greasing all the way.

    Sounds like an old wive's tale or urban legend but it might be true.

    Nowadays for tower lubricating they have devices that travel up and down
the guywire (NO insulators) and deposit various recipes of lubricant. And
we're talking BIG wires here.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech