[TowerTalk] TV Antenna's on 6 meters

Ron KA4INM Youvan ka4inm@qsl.net
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 02:02:16 +0000

> Anybody ever try to load up a TV antenna on 6?

> Any comments/ideas?

> We need a new thread anyway!

  OK!  As a broadcaster, I have known several HAMS
that after turning off the transmitter (at 1 a.m.) and
disconnecting the transmitter, would connect their
6 meter rig to the feed line and work 2 or 3 hours
QSO's until they got too tired to continue.
  We are talking channels 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 and 400 -
1,000 foot high transmitting antennae.
Horizontally polarized, wrong frequency, didn't matter
the height made up for all of the wrongs.
  I have used a 650 mHz antenna at 1,009' with 8" coax
& 2 watts at 450/455, works  better than any other
antennae that I have used.
(BTW until 20 years ago all U.S. radio & T.V.
transmitters were manned when on the air.)

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm