[TowerTalk] TV Antenna's on 6 meters

Ron KA4INM Youvan ka4inm@qsl.net
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 02:13:02 +0000

Hi:

> > I just got a big idea.  I'm going to make a Quad Log Periodic with joint
> > soldered.  No Electrical Deterioration--a design seldom considered.

  Gud idea!

> How about copper water pipe with soldered joints?

  Perfect, but Cu sags a lot, even thick
hard tubing needs braced often if horizontal,
vertically I have built several gud ant.
  I use Sil-flow 5 from Allstate welding
products {1750 degrees f needed} map gas works fine.

(10' of 1/2" thin wall is less than $5 at home depot.
0.61" outside)

> > So how do you like this thread?  K7GCO

  OK.

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@qsl.net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm