[TowerTalk] Flagpoles as a Stealth Antenna

Tower2sell@aol.com Tower2sell@aol.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:07:20 EST

In a message dated 12/21/00 9:37:19 AM Central Standard Time,
alsopb@gloryroad.net writes:

<< Why fiberglass? I think were are talking HF here (not VHF or
 microwaves) and need all the height of the vertical radiator we can
 get. Why not metal and just supply an insulating base?  That would
 simplify the feeding and could easily be hidden.  A two section metal
 mast with the ability to hide a top loading coil between sections
 would be nearly ideal.  Perhaps the flag "rope" could also be metalic
 and used as a capacity hat.

 73 de Brian/K3KO

Why Fiberglass? Because there are existing companies you can go to and
purchase a standard 40'+ fiberglass flagpole. There are no "standard"
flagpoles  that can connect to an insulated base. And finally, no standard
insulated base. NOW if you have some ideas on how to make a high capacity
moment base LET ME KNOW!  Another item that needs development is a flagpole
truck that fits below the antennas, so the antennas can be mounted on top,
maybe without a radome.

These are oportunities for someone who is interested.

Tower2sell@aol.com