[TowerTalk] Quad spreaders

Lane Zeitler ku7i@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 22:01:41 -0800

Hy-Gain did this successfully back in the 70s with their Hy-Quad 2 element
quad. The aluminum was strategically (sp?) broken up so it did not resonate
in the wrong spots. This summer I built a 3 element quad on a 16 foot boom
that covers 20-10 meters and four of the 12 spreaders are a combo of
aluminum tubing and schedule 20 pvc. None of the aluminum is longer than 10
feet and she is a flame thrower. 3 elements on 20-17-15 and four on 12 and
10.

Yes aluminum WILL work with the right combination of non-conductor material
to break it up electrically.

73s

Lane
Ku7i