[TowerTalk] Cinch-Jones Sub.

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 14:12:48 -0500

At 11:15 AM 12/23/00 EST, Val wrote:
>Tom:
>
>A good substitute is available from the Wireman. He sells a 8-conductor plug
>set that looks like a trailer connector that would be used on your
>car-trailer.
>
>I use two pair of them. One pair is located inside the shack (obviously).
The
>second pair is located inline at the base of the tower. This allows me to
>take my control box outside and control the rotor during antenna projects.

Now THAT's clever.  I'll have to do something like that here.  For Yaesu
rotator users, NAPA auto parts stores sell a 6-conductor trailer connector
for ~$4.  It has very effective weather sealing, heavy internal conductors,
and relatively long color-coded pigtails.  It'd also be a good choice for
Stackmatches and similar control devices where you'd like to have control
closer to "ground zero" when working on things.

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at