[TowerTalk] Cell phone radiation to the head

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:39:11 -0500

At 02:19 PM 12/27/00 -0000, Barry Kutner wrote:

>On 27 Dec 00, Bob Alexander wrote:
>
>> To date, billions of dollars have been spent in the U.S., europe...the
>> entire world on research into possible health dangers of mobile phones and
>> NO links have been found.
>>
>> 73, Bob, W5AH
>>

>Just like all the research the tobacco industry did, right?

My understanding is that at least several recent studies have been
impeccable in terms of scholarship...  The JAMA and the New England Journal
of Medicine weren't publishing those tobacco studies.

Of course, the hand-held cell-phone hasn't been around long enough for
anyone to be sure of the longer-term effects, and no real scientist is ever
going to say "never."  But I'd a lot rather deal with what is now known
about the epidemiology of cell-phone use than what's known about, for
example, diesel engine pollution...

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays!

The World Contest Station Database