[TowerTalk] Stacked Beams, L-Networks, Matching Harnesses

Jay Terleski wx0b@arraysolutions.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:31:56 -0600

K7GCO@aol.com wrote:

> ***********Jay: Let me make something very clear.  I'M NOT SELLING ANYTHING
> ON TT OR ANYWHERE--YOU ARE.  I ONLY SUGGEST INEXPENSIVE CONCEPTS THAT I AND
> OTHERS FIND VERY EFFECTIVE.  If they up-stage any proudcts for sale of yours
> that's tough!  You know exactly what the "tuner of some type is" as I
> described it to you a couple of times.  You put a very "deceptive spin on
> your Poo Pooing."  These  inexpensive and simple concepts seems to upset you
> financially more than any other way?  You keep ignoring the technical
> aspects.

No I tried to point out to you the following:

1. With LPDA or triband yagi stacks, the matching device ideally should
be located in the physical middle of the stack. You cannot do this with
your GCO adjustable network, with out an automatic phase mag detector to
drive the capacitors. You already admitted this.

2. A GCO adjustable network is not going to be ideal over a 4 octave
range. You fail to support your "technology" with anything you can
publish.

3. A GCO adjustable network is too cumbersome to use. A contester will
not accept the time it take to adjust it.

4. A GCO adjustable network cannot be adjusted fast enough to allow one
to hear the best combinations of 2,3 or 4 antennas

5. A wide band transformer has none of these issues.

6. My customer require reliability and performance, I have to be able to
replicate this with production quality components. You on the other hand
maintain you can do it with floor sweepings.
So be it.  You do not care if your stack goes down in a contest, and you
do not have to build hundreds of them each year.

Since you now choose to take this conversation into the mud by slinging
your personal threats and challenging me on a personal level, I will bow
out of this conversation and let you rant on.

I hope that I have supported my thoughts clearly above once again to you
and others.

>From the many who have sent me private emails I thank you, and will do
what most of you have said.

Filter out "GCO".  What a shame Ken.

It seems you at one time had a good technical background. But you must
now make long and lengthy posts with little or nothing to say, then take
it as a "Poo Pooing" if someone disagrees with you.

I suggest you take the new years holiday to think about what it is you
want to accomplish, and prioritize it.  Such as making that move,
getting your circuits published, and or making antennas which you
obviously love to do.

If you want a forum to publish your Magical circuit I will be glad to
post it on my web page in the "application notes" section. So others can
"build it themselves" as you state is your intention. Then no one will
have to send you a SASE with $2.00.  It will be free and open. I will
put in the work to publish it as a schematic from my CAD software as
well as other mechanical notes as you see fit.

There you have it, simple and straight, no threats or animosity. Just an
offer to help you.

If you chose not to, then that tells us something too.

73 and HPY Ken. and to all the TTers who have put up with me.

Jay, WX0B

--
Jay Terleski
WX0B - Array Solutions