[TowerTalk] Clarification>. Bias Tees de K0FF

K0FF K0FF@ARRL.NET
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 05:12:14 -0600

Hi Tom, the "pair of paralleled .01's" are in the series arm. On the caps
specified, they are used in 8kW / 1.5-50 MHz rated lightning protectors as
the series arm. Same with the choke. Good point on possibly increasing the
value. Easy enuf to do that with a few more turns to give the desired
minimum rule of thumb > reactance = 10x impedance of feedline. I use 47's
and 100's (uH) myself, but that's just because I happen to have a large # of
them on hand.

Happy Homebrewing, Geo>KØFF
http://homepages.dstream.net/K0FF

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna relay switching. Bias Tees de K0FF