[TowerTalk] Antenna relay switching. Bias Tees de K0FF

alsopb alsopb@gloryroad.net
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:29:25 +0000

Ameritron uses 3 0.01 1KV ceramics in parallel in both the control
head and switch box.  At lower freq's, this effectively gives you the
series value of 0.015 ufd. That translates into 3 ohms.  I don't
consider this to be low enough on that band.  IMHO 1 kV disks are
pushing it.  Something closer to 2 or 3 kV would seem to be more
appropriate to handle oddball conditions -- like unexpected ice on the
antenna.

73 de Brian/K3KO