[TowerTalk] rotators

N0OEL@aol.com N0OEL@aol.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:51:58 EST

Charlie.    I would recommend a Ham M before if budget is a problem.   It may
need a little lubricating and all but its worth it.   I see them in decent
condition at hamfests
for $75-100.    Or a Ham II for $125.    They will take it as far as most
weather and will not "windmill" as the HD-73 (sorry Steve) does in most
instances I have seen.

I dont think buying a new rotor is necessary as the Ham series are work horses
and if and when MFJ gets its act together you can get parts for all of them.
  Many of the parts for the Ham M, Ham II, HamIII and HamIV are
interchangable.   And all the Ham series from the former Hygain use
interchangable control boxes!

Good luck.

73
Mike
K0BUD
Minneapolis (where if a rotor can make it through our winters it can make it
anywhere!)