[TowerTalk] substitute for BMW Flex-disc ?

Michael Tope W4EF@pacbell.net
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:03:23 -0800

Bert,

My friend Warren picked one up from a Mercedes-Benz dealer, for
around $45. The metal inserts for the input and output coupling
on the Mercedes part are staggered along the axis of rotation so that
there is no interference with the mating flanges (from what Warren told
me, this is not true of the BMW part). We plan to use this one at
the local club station with an Orion OR-2800 to turn a KLM KT34XA
stacked over a KLM 40M4 both with HD booms (300 lbs+).

What was your experience with BMW part? We are still trying to
figure out if this technique is a "feel good" that just looks good
in principle or something that is really going to pay reliability
dividends.

Thanks,