[TowerTalk] Wanted: Info re: Watkins Motor Lines "Con signee's Concealed Loss or Damage Form"

Fritz Reuning K4OAQ k4oaq@mindspring.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:35:19 -0500

I don't mean to be a pest, but I'm still struggling with my tower damage claim.

Watkins' standard damage form, "Standard Form for Presentation of Loss and Damage Claim", refers
to the "Consignee's Concealed Loss or Damage Form".  The instructions on the back of their standard
form reads, in part, "Disposition of concealed loss and damage claims will be expedited by including
'Consignee's Concealed Loss or Damage Form' and 'Shipper's Concealed Loss or Damage Form' as
supporting documents when claim is filed."

When preparing my claim I was told that the form was not necessary.  After having my claim disallowed
twice, I again requested the form.  I was then notified, "This form you are requesting is provided by the
consignee if they have one for their company."  (FYI, the "consignee" is me.)

I understand what Watkins is telling me, but I'm having a hard time understanding their rather specific
references to forms of other companies that may, or may not, exist.  It is my guess that they have this
form, and their experience shows that more claims have to be paid when this form is provided, than when
it is not.

Therefore, have any of you in the past had a "Consignee's Concealed Loss or Damage Form" that was
provided by Watkins?  Also, might there be any shippers who have a "Shipper's Concealed Loss or
Damage Form" that Watkins provided you. If so, I would sure appreciate a copy, or any info you might
be willing to share.

Many tks, 73, Fritz, K4OAQ
k4oaq@mindspring.com