[TowerTalk] A3 Stainless Steal Kit

David Jordan wa3gin@erols.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:03:23 -0500

Hi Folks,

Spring has arrived in Northern Virginia...Today I started to lay out the
new Stainless steel parts kit that CC sent me for $70...they get the DUH
award this week.

The A3 has the center element insulated and suspended below the boom by
means of a fiberglass piece of tubing, attached using a U-clamp and a
plastic block which is molded to fit the boom.  CC sent me stainless
steel three clamps for use with the three elements. These clamps are
replacements for the plastic blocks that were originally used. Now, the
stainless steel clamps are rather large. The original boom to elelments
blocks were 2 inches wide while the new stainless  steel (SS) blocks
are  3.5 inches wide.

The new SS blocks work fine for the director and reflector but when
installed on the driven element they new SS bracket shorts the input ;-(

Go Figure,
dave
WA3GIN