[TowerTalk] stacking distance

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 11:48:11 EST

In a message dated 00-01-08 11:35:46 EST, w8zh@juno.com writes:

> just removed vhf ants from 150ft.  am going to put kt34xa back up and
>  want to put cush 40-2cd above it  what stacking distance seems to work.
>  mast is 12ft 2inx 1/4 wall out of top of tower.

       Ten feet is what the manufacturers suggest (I don't know where this is
documented). But I've found the above combo have acceptable SWR as close as
seven feet. This is not true with the XM240 or Force 12 40M antennas.

      With that much tower, I'd be real tempted to put some antennas stacked
down the tower too.

     Mast question: What's your county windspeed? (It's on
www.championradio.com under Tech Notes if you don't know.)

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech