[TowerTalk] Advice on type of tower

thaxton@ptgroup.com thaxton@ptgroup.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 20:56:31 -0800

Hi folks,

    I finally have the space to put up a tower.  This will be my first
one!! :)  I would like to solicit feedback and opinions on two types I
am considering.  I am looking at a crankup, motorized, and a
foldover type tower.  What are the drawbacks and good points to
these two styles of towers. I believe a height of 55 to 75 ft. will be
sufficent for my qth.

    I will have the foundation and rigging done by a professional
contractor ( if I can find one here in Oregon!)  I will do the antenna
work, rotor install, etc.  I plan on using "hardline" to feed the
structure.

    I would appreciate any and all feedback, recommendations and
hard won experience anyone cares to impart.

Respectfully,

Don Thaxton
N0FGK
thaxton@ptgroup.com