[TowerTalk] WTD: HyGain Rotator & Controller Pin Out

Robin E. Midgett rmidgett@bellsouth.net
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:28:38 -0600

Hello TT,
I'm in need of the rotator pin out for the eight conductor terminal strips
on the HyGain rotators. Specifically, I'm betting no direction change
indication as the rotator turns. The meter moves upon power up & with turns
of the calibration pot, but not with rotator motion. The rotator is not
installed (yet), & this problem cropped up since I bought the unit at a
hamfest last fall. I'd like to know which terminals carry the rheostat
connections between the rotator & control box. The control has the brake
function, but I think the rotator does not have the solenoid, so this is a
mix-n-match setup.
73,
Robin E. Midgett KB4IDC EM66se
rmidgett@bellsouth.net
1/2 of the Award Winning NT4L Rover Team
http://kq4tv.aprs.net/vhf/vhf.html