[TowerTalk] TA-33 HELP AGAIN

Lee Buller k0wa@southwind.net
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:51:17 -0600

At 09:09 AM 1/17/00 -0600, you wrote:

>Again THANKS for the helpful info to all.
>I jumped ahead and opened the remaining traps
>and found that the traps sets do indeed contain the correct
>number of turns but in both the reflector and director one of
>the coil forms has been separated and the coil slightly spread.
>I presume this was to slightly tune it.
>Anyway, onward! I hope in the next post I can tell you
>how good it works.
>Bill

Bill ....
I am not sure what you meant my the coil forms having been separated and
the coil slightly spread.  I rewound one of my coils because the beam was
wrecked in an ice storm.  All of my coils were on a preformed structure
that looked like a big screw.  Pretty nice to wind the coil again.  There
was no way I could have "spread" those windings because they sat in the
"thread" of the coil form.

By the way, Mosley will sell  you the parts for all the coils including the
wire so you can rework and rebuild your own.  They sold me a form and the
wire...I used the older parts as well to make it work.

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net