[TowerTalk] Crank ups

Steve Babcock kinderh@cadvision.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:57:22 -0700

> Even on a small lot, I would still want a Trylon or something free
standing
> over a crankup.  I'd sleep better, and the price for similar wind load
> ratings (70 mph) is reasonable.
>

> All IMHO.
>
> 73 John N5CQ

Well.....there is ALWAYS another opinion : )  Actually, I sleep very well
every night, since my motorized US tower 89' is DOWN every night !!  In
fact, when the winter storms are raging and howling outside I may sleep
BETTER than some of you with guyed towers knowing that my beams are down low
at a more "sheltered" level.  I also like to have the ability of working on
all my antennas by standing on my roof.....great for lots of experimenting.
I virtually never need to "climb" my tower.
BTW....my neighbors sure appreciate the crank-up, but I'll admit, if I had
the room, I'd probably have a guyed tower as well as my crank-up.

Just my opinion............for those who may consider a crank-up....de steve
VE6WZ.