[TowerTalk] Rebar

Jim Idelson k1ir@designet.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:50:21 -0500

When my local Building Inspector came to perform the first inspection, I
proudly showed him the holes and the rebar cages for my Rohn 25G tower base and
anchors. My PE specified #3 and #4 rebar cage [yes . . . that's 3/8" and 1/2"
diameter rebar]. I built and installed them [with help from K1VR] to within 1
micron or so of the spec.

I was surprised when the Building Inspector told me that it didn't really
matter if those cages were there or not because the Building Code only
recognizes #5 rebar and larger as having any structural value.

73,

Jim K1IR