[TowerTalk] Telephone Pole

edie & saul abrams abrame@rpi.edu
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 11:11:11 -0500

Take a look at some of the pictures from the major ice storm in northern NY
last year and you will see thousands of the poles, all wired together and
thus guyed together, snapped like little twigs because of the ice load on
the wires.  Of course, the lattice power towers also wired together were
twisted like pretzels--but they didn't snap. 73  Saul  K2XA  Albany, NY