[TowerTalk] Guy Wire/4 Square Interference?

Nat Heatwole heatwole@clark.net
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 21:27:41 -0500 (EST)

Hello. Let's take the following situation:

-I have 4, 125ft tall (1/4w on 160m) towers all spaced 40m apart in a
square configuration.
-I chose to shunt-feed all 4 towers as a 4 square for use on 160m.
-All 4 towers are guyed at four points.

Now I don't actually have this set-up currently up, nor do I intend to put
one up soon. But I am wondering how much (if at all) the guy wires for the
towers would interfere with the pattern/performance of the 4 square array
on 160m? Does it matter what material the guys are made of? And if so,
what would be a good material to use? Thanks a lot for reading and let me
know what you think.

73's de Nat,
WZ3AR (Ex-KB3CBW)