[TowerTalk] Telephone Poles

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:34:01 -0800

I don't know about you, but I moved around a LOT in my
younger days while my career was still developing.  I think
my wife and I lived in 17 different houses and apartments
during a 20 year period.  Anyway, the one telephone pole I
had during that time did not move with me.  It was 110 feet
long and weighed 4500 pounds.  I sold it locally.  Anyway, I
easily moved two 100+ foot guyed towers from the East coast
to the West coast in a moving truck right along with my
other household goods.  So if your career is still
developing, you might consider what you are going to do
about your firmly planted and very heavy telephone pole
(which will not fit nicely into a moving van) at your next
move.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com