[TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] C3 over Cushcraft A4

wa4dou@juno.com wa4dou@juno.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 22:54:43 -0400

Hi Pete, Barry, etc.,
  I'm in complete agreement with you as regards the fact that the F12 C3
will probably outperform the CC A4. I also purchased and read the Yagi
antenna report that Pete cited. A popular "tribander" was 1-2 db behind
the C3 and that "trapped tribander" was probably indicative of the
performance of an A3 or A4. However, we don't know the condition of Len's
A4. We also don't know what budget he has for an antenna nor do we know
his operating style. The advice i gave was based on the fact that for
casual operating, Len might not consider 1-2 db enough of a reason to
change antennas and might therefore opt for more(as in the C19XR). There
is little to recommend in additional F/B ratio between the "trapped
tribander" and the C3. There is however quite a significant difference
when comparing the "trapped tribander" to the C19XR. Hope this clairifies
my position. :o)  73 Roy WA4DOU