[TowerTalk] Buriable Coax

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:04:36 -0500

> Times Cable has a direct burrial version of there LMR-400 (a low loss,
100%
> shield RG8 sized coax) called LMR-400DB. It has sealing goop inside
the sheath
> to keep water out. Texas Towers (and others I'm sure) carry it. TT
gets $.74 a
> foot.
>
> - Bill

As I said a minute ago, I got the LMR-400DB.  Steve Davis told me I
probably didn't even need the "DB" (Direct Buryable) variety, that the
"regular" LMR-400 is pretty good even buried.  But I decided for a 550
ft run and all the trouble it was, I needed every "DB" I could get -
whether the DB stood for gain OR buryability!!  Go for it - 120 ft won't
break the bank, but Bury-Flex would be excellent for that short a run
also, and less $$.  GL