[TowerTalk] Patentability

Jim Rhodes rhodes@willinet.net
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:23:24 -0500

Yes, but you only have to convince the patent office not someone trained in
the art. If you can later prove that the idea had been used commercially
before the patent was filed you can invalidate the patent. Our patent
attorney is working on a case for us now. And in this case I seem to
remember an earlier (early 80's) product by another company using a very
similar feed.

At 06:08 PM 07/14/2000, you wrote:

>         I thought that in order to recieve a patent, that the idea or
>object must not have been in the public domain, and had to be non-obvious
>to one trained in the art....
>

>73, DX, de
>Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
>aa6eg@hh.tmx.com;n6ij@hotmail.com
>599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933
>See us on the web: www.polkinghorn.org/n6ij
>"The Contest Station from MARS"
>
>On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Greg Gobleman wrote:
>

> > Just because something has been in use for years does not prevent someone
> > from coming along and patenting it.  Unless someone else wishes to
> spend the
> > money to prove otherwise, a patent may be issued.  If another business
> comes
> > along later and attempts to make use of technology that was in existence
> > before a patent was issued, it would be upon them to prove that and the
> > money doing so may not be worth it.  It would be more cost effective to
> back
> > off and find a work around.
> >
> > 73
> > Greg K9ZM