Fw: Re: [TowerTalk] News from Bencher

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 16:03:04 +0000

At 11:34 AM 7/16/00 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:
>The ARRL now allows NEC verified models to be used in gain
>claims.
>
>Still a very bad idea in my opinion, since it is easy to omit losses
>and fudge the tuning in a model, plus people can still mix and
>match dBd or dBi and various ground conditions, so far as I know.

My impression from the QST article on this over a year ago was that before
the League would allow such claims to be used in ads the NEC-4 model would
have to be submitted to the League's lab for de-fudging...  too bad nobody
has taken them up on this, even Force 12, who initally declared themselves
ready to comply.

I do think Force 12 deserves credit for their mostly straight-forward and
well-defined specs

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at