[TowerTalk] TailTwister problem solved

Sylvan Katz jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:27:53 -0600

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about the T2X problem. The
suggestions were very helpful in assisting me to diagnose the the
problem. All indications suggested the problem would be in the
potentiometer and that is where the problem was but not exactly as
suggested. In my T2X there is a metal tab riveted to one end of the pot.
When the rotating connection on the pot passed the 1/2 way mark on its
way towards the rivet it applied just enough pressure to cause the metal
tab to separate from the pot producing an open circuit. I guess the
rivet had fatigued somewhat with time introducing a minuscule amount of
play into the tab-pot junction. I can clearly see the problem with a
meter and magnifying glass. It looks like a new pot will solve the
problem.

Again thank you for your help.

--
Sylvan Katz