[TowerTalk] 5Band antennas

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy@iol.it
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:46:41 +0200

One of the few 5/6 bands directional antenna that really work is the
LPDA.
Trapped or shortened yagis have instead the typical problems of losses
(again, losses are not only in heating and confined the in the traps or
coils)and more bands lead to have more losses nearly everywhere.
Yagis with half wave resonant elements do not work when the elements
frequency is close to each other (i.e. a 24.9 Mhz director and 28 Mhz
reflector) and when too much aluminium is in close proximity.
Concentrical loops, if resonant, suffer like the yagi plus some extra
harmonically related troubles (not only on odd multiples) and because
of coupling (link effect)
Like in many other life fields one person can decide what to buy or
built, it can be an object or a dream. Choosing for the object we pay
and bring home something real, choosing the dream we pay to believe it.

73,
Mauri I4JMY