[TowerTalk] perspective

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:35:14 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/2000 11:26:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
w8ji@contesting.com writes:

> I've been racking my brain trying to think of a way to test the theory
>  that a few dB of signal makes a big difference in a contest, but I
>  can't think of a way to prove or disprove it.
>
>  Can anyone?

To contester every dB means another (larger) layer of weak ones and extending
the propagation by more minutes. Also decrease in in/out time in the pileups,
especially under marginal conditions.
I will fight for every fraction of dB in gain (and clean pattern) and in
eliminating losses, they all add up to few more QSOs that are needed to win
the contest.

Yuri, K3BU